Sunday, May 24, 2009

Foods to Avoid? You've got to be kidding

Here is the list my doctor gave me for anyone wanting to naturally reduce bladder irritation. Frankly, this list is a little scary. I mean, who is going to avoid all these things? Not me, for sure. But I read through the list and decided that I could cut some of them out of my diet for now. Not coffee, and obviously, not alcohol, but Guava for sure (what is that anyway) and citrus fruits and a few others . Between this and the baking soda before bed (1tsp in a cup of water, if you have missed my earlier posts), I am getting up normally just once a night, down from 4 or 5 times. As the commercials say, PRICELESS!

University of Washington, Dept of Urology
Foods That Can Cause Bladder Irritation

  • Grapes
  • Pineapple
  • Cranberries
  • Apple juice
  • Citrus fruits
  • Peaches
  • Plums
  • Tomatoes
  • Guava
  • Cantaloupe
  • Strawberries
  • Decaf Coffee
  • Regular Coffee
  • Tea
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • All carbonated beverages
  • Nutrasweet
  • Chilies
  • Spicy Foods
  • Onions
  • Vitamin B complex
  • Chocolate
  • Vinegar

No comments: