Friday, May 29, 2009

Ahhhhh, a good night's sleep - PRICELESS!

It was a good follow-up visit to my doctor this week. All my questions were answered and we settled on a course of treatment for now.

Regarding HRT - 3 sprays a day of Evamist; plus 10 days of progesterone every 3 months. We'll see how that goes for a year, unless I have any issues. The last 2 weeks on this dose has gone pretty well with just an occasional hot flash in the morning when I wake up, but nothing that wakes or keeps me up in the night.

Regarding night time bathroom visits - the baking soda nightly has worked wonders. I rarely get up more than once a night any more, which is wonderful. Dr. Avendano says the baking soda coats the bladder sort of like milk of magnesia for the stomach. She says I can have it 2 or 3 times a day if I think I need it. So far I don't have a problem during the day, just at night so the nightly dose is working great.

We're off for a vacation to Vancouver Island in Canada for a week. I am hoping my little female isues are tamed for now.

No comments: