Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Other Life Changes - Weight Loss

I lost another 1.6 pounds at my Weight Watchers weigh-in today. That makes a total of 36.6 pounds lost since I started this journey early last year. I am finding Weight Watchers to be a flexible plan that allows me to live in the real world and helps me make the best choices so I can move closer to my goal of being healthy and fit. I still have a ways to go, but I don't mind it taking a while, especially since the trade-off is that I get to have my favorite foods, attend regular pot lucks and get togethers with friends for cocktails and appetizers (we are boaters, after all).

Today we talked about keeping track of what we eat. Everything. This is surely the key to success. Tonight before dinner I carefully calculated my points and found that I was 2 points short of having enough for my favorite dessert. So I gave my husband half my avocado serving and gained the needed points.

Hey, it is time to go get that ice cream now :-)

1/2 cup Breyers fat free vanilla or chocolate ice cream (1 point)
2 Tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter (1 point)
Mush it all together and enjoy a sinful tasting 2 point dessert. YUM!

No comments: