Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First Week

It has been a week since I began using one daily spray of the Evamist estrogen. I believe that the left over effects of the patch I was using before have worn off by now. My doctor said she was hoping that the dosage of one spray daily would do the trick. At this point I am not holding out too much hope for that result.

The last 2 nights I have had some bad hot flashes/night sweats, especially the night before last. We were sleeping on the boat, which we do often these days, and it was very cool at night. Still it seems like I was sweating all night and did not sleep well. We had been drinking red wine that evening, so perhaps that had an effect. Last night (no wine) was better, sleeping at home, but still was pretty sweaty. I have one more week at the one spray dosage so I will see if things get better.

Some good news is that I am getting up less times at night to go to the bathroom. I will continue the baking soda cocktail before bed to see if this continues. Last night I did not take it and got up once, but then it seemed like I really should not have needed to go (by the result), so maybe that baking soda routine works. More research is needed.

No comments: