Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lost another pound!

Wow! It has been 2 weeks since getting to Weight Watchers. It was 2 weeks of boating, eating, drinking, etc. with friends during Seattle's Opening Day of boating season. And much to my surprise, I lost 1 pound!

While this seems like some miracle or fluke of nature, I'm sure there has to be a more realistic explanation. The fact is that I did get in all my exercise and workouts at the gym. Whenever possible, which was most of the time, I cooked healthy meals on the boat. Other times I made pretty good choices, certainly much more often than I would have previously. The great thing is that I did not feel deprived at all. I drank wine and ate (a few) appetizers with friends on the dock. I ate dinner and drank a bottle of wine (with my husband) at the Seattle Yacht Club. I even had dessert.

So the bottom line is that I feel great about my lifestyle and knowing that I can have a great time and still be in control of my eating. Well, maybe that is a miracle :-)

No comments: